We have started!05 abril 2019 19:23
It's spring, and we have started the experiment! We have worked hard last week to fill all the pots (900 in total) with sand to prepare them for sowing. This afternoon I could see the first real leaves of some of the seedlings. The plants can grow slowly and steadily untill we move them in the open fields for pollination just before flowering.
Ultimately, we have sown 10 different varieties of both blue and white lupin. When the plants are about to flower, we will move them to 15 locations with different background populations of bumblebees. In this way we can have a look what happens to the yield with more or less bumblebees. Very exciting to see what will happen!